Once again its time for my monthly wrap-up. The year seems to be flying by. I can’t quite believe that we are already halfway through 2018 it only seemed like yesterday I was eating my weight in Christmas food!
– Books –
In June I read a total of 11 books.
- Binti: Home by Nnedi Okorafor
- The Only Child by Andrew Pyper
- Brave Enough: A Mini Intruction Manuel for the Soul by Cheryl Strayed
- Speak No Evil by Uzodinma Iweala
- The World’s Two Smallest Humans by Julia Copus
- Another Brooklyn by Jacqueline Woodson
- The Testament of Mary by Colm Toibin
- Twelve Years a Slave by Solomon Northup
- The Dalai Lama: A Call for Revolution
- Bintin: The Night Masquerade by Nnedi Okorafor
- Moonology: Working with the Magic of Lunar Cycles by Yasmin Boland
– Favourites –
- My first favourite thing of June was in fact my new glasses I finally bite the bullet and got some different style glasses compared to the style I normally go for. I am so glad I did as I absolutely love them!
- My second favourite thing of June was a podcast. I finally managed to get round to listening to Kalyn’s Nicholson’s Podcast ‘Kalyn’s Coffee Talk’ and I’m so glad as they are so good.
- My third favourite thing of June was my new plant baby (yes I have become a crazy pant lady lol). His name is Spike (clearly the Buffy nerd in my named this one :D).
- My fourth favourite thing of June was sushi – I have loved sushi for years now but June was the month for reigniting that love (lets say I’m slightly obsessed :D).
- My fifth favourite thing of June was yoga. I started doing yoga either every morning before starting my day or in the evening just before I go to bed and it really has been helping me sleep better and also been helping my back when it has been sore.
- My sixth favourite thing of June was actually a day out with an old high school friend which was really nice. We had lunch together and then went off to her first tattoo appointment.
- My seventh favourite thing of June was actually the last two books in the Binti Trilogy – one word: Amazing!
– Blog –
Here are some notable posts from my blog this month:
- May 2018 Wrap-Up
- The Bronte Sisters: Life, Loss and Literature Book Review
- A Pocketful of Crows Book Review
Here are some blog posts that I have enjoyed/loved this month:
- Holly’s ‘A Classic Couple: The Lost World and Jurassic Park’
- Sumaiyya’s ‘#LittleBlackSunday: No 01, Giovanni Boccaccio’
- Mia’s post on ‘How to read more books’
- Madame Bibliophile’s post ‘I ransack pubic libraries, and find them full of sunk treasure’
- Pippa’s post ‘5 reasons to read Persuasion by Jane Austen’
- Justine’s post ‘Blog Tour: Juliet and Romeo by David Hewson’
- What’s Nonfiction?’s ‘Favourites of the year so far’
– Bookish Videos –
Here are some of the bookish videos that I enjoyed/loved this month:
- Hannah’s Video: May Book Reviews 2018
- Adam’s Video: Memento Memo 01: An Interlude
- Jes’s Video: The Importance of Friendships| Mental Health
- Harriet’s Video: Getting rid of loads of books| Discussion
How was your month? Did you have any favourites of the Month? If so, please do leave me a comment below.