Hey Guys! I hope you are well ☺️ August was the month were I started getting all of my reading motivation and motivation in general back after having covid in July and I’m so glad I’m back to devouring so many books 😆😂 I’m not going to lie but I’m so glad August is over and we are now finally in September the month that is the gateway to my favourite season of the year, Autumn. However, before I get too excited about that I should wrap up August first. So without further ado, here is my August Wrap-Up.
August rushes by like desert rainfall, A flood of frenzied upheaval, Expected, But still catching me unprepared.Elizabeth Maua Taylor
– Books –
In August I read a total of 15 books.
- Spark Joy – Marie Kondo
- Bridgerton: The Duke and I – Julia Quinn
- Life Ceremony – Sayaka Murata
- The Death of Ivan IIyich – Leo Tolstoy
- Salmacis – Elizabeth Train-Brown
- A Thousand Years of Good Prayer – Yiyun Li
- Waking the Witch – Rachel Burge
- Chinglish – Sue Cheung
- I Think Our Son is Gay Vol.1 – Okura
- The Way of the Househusband Vol.6 – Kousuke Oono
- The Way of the Househusband Vol.7 – Kousuke Oono
- Gulliver’s Travels – Jonathan Swift
- The Island of Doctor Moreau – H.G. Wells
- Kidnapped – Robert Louis Stevenson
- Beauty and the Beast – Max Eilenberg
– Favourites –
- Finally getting some rain and absolutely loving it. Also having the odd day were you literally can feel Autumn in the air. As you can tell I’m such an Autumn girl. 🍂🖤🥰
- Iced Chai Tea Lattes @starbucks have quickly become a new favourite. I actually had never had one before but recommended them to my mum first as she loves Chai Tea and thought she would would love the Chai Tea Lattes at Starbucks and I was right she loves them both hot and iced. So I finally decided to bite the bullet and try an Iced Chai Tea Latte myself and literally its all I’ve been craving lately. They are literally Autumn in a cup and to be honest what more could you really want 😆🍁🎃🍂😍
- Right this next favourite definitely goes hand in hand with my last favourite and its also a favourite that makes my wrap-up post every month and that is my Friday morning Starbucks breakfast dates with my mum. I will keep on saying this, they are one of my favourite moments every week.
- Buddy Reads with Matt (@qu.lit). Once again this is a favourite that use to appear on my wrap-up favourites every month earlier in the year. We took a little break from them as we both had a bit going on but I’m so glad to saying we have started doing our buddy reads once again this month and they bring me so much joy. We’ve already complete one buddy read and currently on our second buddy read of the month. I can honestly say that I have found some of my favourite books ever because of these buddy reads and I absolutely love that these favourite books now have these memories attached to them too. 🥰🖤 The moral of this story: Bookish friends are really the best kind of friends a girl could have! 🖤
- I received the most beautiful package of books in the post this month from the lovely Kesi over at Oxford University Press and I absolutely adore the Oxford World Classics editions and cannot wait to devour the books within this package. I’m already currently reading one and that is also one of the books that I’m buddy reading with Matt and so far we both are absolutely loving it!
- I recently discover the YouTube channel BasicallyReese and I absolutely love her content. Its so nice to sit down with a cup of tea and watch one of her vlog when you just want to take a moment for yourself. I would highly recommend her channel if you love lifestyle, bookish, thrifting, self-care, spiritual, journaling and organisation content then definitely take a look at her channel!
– Blog –
Here are some notable posts from my blog this month:
Here are some blog posts that I have enjoyed/loved this month:
- Romi’s Post: Books that Scream, “Lights down. Dance with Me.” & 7 Books I am dedicating my first half of 2022 to.
- Siena’s Post: Kingdom of Characters Book Review & Why I think Reading and Blogging Slumps can be Beneficial.
- Alyssa’s Post: To-Be-Read or To-Be-Binned
- Kay’s Post: Classic Author Focus: Robert Louis Stevenson
- Becky’s Post: Last, Now, Next Book Tag
– Bookish Videos –
Here are some bookish/lifestyle videos that I have enjoyed/loved this month:
- Holly’s Video: Building my Dream Library | Pastel Goth Spooky Aesthetic
- Lucy’s Video: The Cosiest, Spookiest Autumn Homeware in Town
- Lucy’s Video: Returning to Booktube
- Reese’s Video: A Quiet Day Alone & Trying New Hobbies to get through the Summer
- Riley’s Video: Instagram Controls My Day & What I Read!
- Emma’s Video: Try on Clothing Haul | Thrifted Pieces, Simple Retro, Dresses
How was your Month? Did you have any favourites of the month? If so, Please do leave me a comment below.
August rain: the best of the summer gone, and the new fall not yet born. The odd uneven time.Sylvia Plath, Journal Entry from August 1952
(Cover photo from Unsplash and text added by me).
Lovely August wrap-up– it seems like you had a great reading month! I, too, recently discovered BasicallyReese and am obsessed with her channel. Thanks for the shout-out too!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Awww thank you ☺️ I did thank you! Her channel is brilliant isn’t it?! I’m completely obsessed too. I’ve been watching her backlist of videos too recently. Your welcome lovely ☺️