I’ve been looking at doing some diferent blog posts that are still book related on here for a while now. So starting from this month I’m going to start to do a post wrapping up the previous month. That way I can give an overview of all the books I have read during that month as well as any bookish content that I have written myself, read on other blogs or watched on booktube. I will also be adding a little section entitled favourite things from that month too.
– Books –
In February I read a total of 6 books:
- Maya Angelou: The Complete Poetry
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- Kumukanda by Kayombo Chingonyi
- Discontent and its Civilizations by Mohsin Hamid
- Blanky by Patrick Kealan Burke
- The Sun and her Flowers by Rupi Kaur
– Favourites –
- My first favourite thing of February actually happened at the end of the month and that was the fact that we finally got snow in the area of England I live. When I say snow I mean proper snow not just a dusting but quite a few inches of snow. It was beautiful (still have the snow at the moment).
- My second favourite thing actually connects with my first favourite and that is cozy nights in with fairy lights on, candles lit, blankets, giant cups of tea and books.
- My third favourite thing of the month is simply Pink Lemonade Snapple.
- My fourth favourite thing of the month is the fact I have had a number of lunch dates with my mum which have been absolutely lovely.
- My fifth and finally favourite thing of the month is the fact I managed to overcome a major writer’s block that I have had for quite a long time. I managed to write 3 pieces of creative writing/spoken word poetry/poetry.
– Blog –
Here are some notable posts from my blog this month:
- A Georgian Heroine: The Intriguing Life of Rachel Charlotte Williams Biggs Book Review
- Jane Eyre Book Review
- Classic Books I would Like to Read in 2018
Here are some blog posts I have enjoyed/loved reading this month:
- Holly’s Post on the Oxford Union
- Lauren’s Book Review of The Brontë Sisters by Catherine Reef
- Lauren’s Post on The Brontës: Where it all Began
- Marie’s Post on Badass Women: Celebrating a Century since the Beginning of Women’s Suffrage
- Ashleigh’s Post on The Books I Gave a Home, But Not a Read (yet)
- Natalie’s Book Review of In Other Words by Jhumpa Lahiri
– Bookish Videos –
Here are some of the bookish videos that I enjoyed/loved this month:
- Valerie’s video: The Buttery Hardy Saga
- Charlotte’s video: Why I Read Poetry
- Molly’s video: Looper Love & Announcements
- Lianne’s video: A Slighly Bitchy Unhaul…
- Lucy’s video: What Emily Brontë Means to Me | Making Thunder Roar
- Adrian’s video: Book Haul of the Foreseeable Future!
- Ashley’s video: 5 African American Classics (Literature)
How was your month? Did you have any favourites of the month? If so, please do leave me a comment below.