First of all I want to say I am so sorry guys that I haven’t posted much on my blog this month and that this post is going up late but life has been pretty full on and chaotic so far in April but I promise that over the next few weeks I will have a number of posts going up. So without further ado here is my monthly wrap-up for March, 2018.
– Books –
In March I read a total of 10 books.
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
- Four Queens and a Countess by Jill Armitage
- You Will Not Have My Hate by Antoine Leiris
- The Friendship Cure by Kate Leaver
- The Gorgeous Nothings: Emily Dickinson’s Envelope Poems
- Star Wars: Out Among the Stars Vol.6 by Jason Aaron
- A Pocketful of Crows by Joanne M. Harris
- Meddling Kids by Edgar Cantero
- Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman
- Brain Freeze by Tom Fletcher
– Favourites –
- My first favourite thing of March was actually the movie Hot Fuzz (its one of my favourites anyways) but I lost count of how many times I watched it in March. It ended up becoming a running joke with my mum because everytime she said what are you watching my answer was always Hot Fuzz. (To the point I wore the disc out and had to buy a replacement one – lol).
- My second favourite thing was actually a book I was sent for review. The book was Meddling Kids by Edgar Cantero (full review to come). It was everything I could ever want in a book: 90s nostalgia, horror, fantasy, classic pop culture touchestones such as Scooby Doo and the Famous Five shot through with Lovecraftian horror (yes please!).
- My third favourite thing of the month was avocado. It is one of my favourite things to eat anyways but for some reason March was the month of avocado for me (lol).
- My fourth favourite thing of March was my birthday (25th March) I turned 24 years old. I had a lovely birthday weekend and birthday meal.
- My fifth favourite thing of the month was the fact I started to journal – its a stream of conscious style journal and its been perfect for the days when I just need to get things out of my head and down on paper.
- My sixth and final favourite of March is a playlist created by Youtuber Kalyn Nicholson on Spotify. I have literally been obsessed with this playlist. Its called: A Southern Spring. Its honestly the only playlist I have listen to all month.
– Blog –
Here are some notable posts from my blog this month:
Here are some blog posts that I have enjoyed/loved this month:
- Lauren’s Book Review of George Orwell’s ‘Notes on Nationalism’
- Kristilyn’s Post on Reading the Canada Reads Shortlist and her Predictions
- Justine’s Discussion Post: How Do You Read Series?
- Cassiopeia Writer’s Post on What Writing Means to Me (AKA the Post That’ll Keep You Writing)
- Juliana’s Post ‘A Small Tear in the Fabric of Reality’
– Bookish Videos –
Here are some of the bookish videos I enjoyed/loved this month:
- Elizabeth’s Video: Vlog – Fantasy Feast | Holly Black, Sebastein De Castell, Alexandra Christo
- Lianne’s Video: A Slightly Bitchy Unhaul #2 | Un-Popular Opinions, Fantasy Flops & Unwanted Gifts
- Hannah’s Video: Periods in YA & My First Period Story!!!
- Hannah’s Video: The Little Mermaid Book & Film Review
How was your month? Did you have any favourites of the Month? If so, please do leave me a comment below.