May wasn’t the best month for me in general. I already touch on it in my April wrap-up however, just in case you haven’t seen my April wrap-up I will explain a bit here. I was hit with a really rotten head cold followed by a low point with my anxiety which resulted in me taking an unexpected break from blogging. I also went through a bit of a reading slump. May is quite a hard month for me normally anyways as it is my grandad’s anniversary month and this May was quite a big anniversary. On the 23rd of May it was 10 years since we lost him so I always find May difficult. The day we lost him I lost apart of my heart he was my best friend, the person who adored poetry and writing it so much that he instilled that love in me too 🥺💔🥰 I’m going stop there as writing this piece hit me harder then I thought it would. So without further ado here is my May Wrap-Up:
– Books –
In May I read a total of 6 books.
- Rebel Skies – Ann Sei Lin
- A Little Bit Country – Brian D. Kennedy
- Pixels of You – Ananth Hirsh
- Chef’s Kiss – Jarrett Melendez
- The Collarbound – Rebecca Zahabi
- Still Lives – Reshma Ruia
– Favourites –
- Friday morning Starbucks breakfast dates with my mum
- Tandem Collective Readalong Campaign for Rebel Skies – This was the first time I have worked with Tandem Collective on one of there readalong campaigns.
- The Collarbound by Rebecca Zahabi – this book was absolutely phenomenal, a new all time favourite, a new favourite fantasy – do I need to say anyone 😆😂
- The Heartstopper TV Show – Absolutely outstanding!!! One of the best shows ever made!!!
- Flowers in the garden coming into bloom especially the roses.
– Blog –
Here are some notable posts from my blog this month:
- I took an unexpected break from blogging in May (explanation at top of post), so unfortunately no notables posts from my blog for May.
Here are some blog posts that I have enjoyed/loved this month:
- Jayati’s Post: 20 Asian Queer Books to add to your TBR!
- Siena’s Post: Why you should start a book blog
- Ellyn’s Post: Giving authors a second chance
- Tanya’s Post: Asian American K-Pop Idols that you need to check out
- Naadhira’s Post: Portrait of a Thief Review
– Bookish Videos –
Here are some bookish/lifestyle videos that I have enjoyed/loved this month:
- Joel’s Videos: I read every book Isaac reads in Heartstopper and it’s good soup & I read Pirate books to feed my Our Flag Means Death obsession
- Desi’s Video: Book shopping at the world’s largest bookstore + book haul
- Jordaline’s Videos: My reading journal – aka my newest fixation and obsession & Olivia reads a Latte changed my life – reading vlog
- Meg’s Video: Bookslikewhoa Picks What I Read – Booktube Twin Test Ep. 5
How was your Month? Did you have any favourites of the month? If so, Please do leave me a comment below.
Pingback: Get to Know the Fantasy Reader – Book Tag! – Becky's Book Blog·
Pingback: June Wrap-Up | Where there's Ink there's Paper·