At the beginning of each year I normally sit down and take a moment to note down some books I would like to read throughout the year. This year was no different apart from the fact I have decided on a smaller number of books. Last year I did 21 books for 2021 however, this year I decided to just note down 13 books instead of doing 22 books for 2022.
The 13 books that I have listed below are the books which caught my eye when I was looking through my bookshelves. There seems to be a very clear theme with the books that jumped out at me 😆 (let me know in the comments if you noticed it too)!
Without further ado, here are 13 books I would like to read in 2022:
- Untold, Night and Day – Bae Suah
- Asleep – Banana Yoshimoto
- The Ten Lives of Mr Nishino – Hiromi Kawakami
- Before the Coffee gets Cold: Tales from the Cafe – Toshikazu Kawaguchi
- Rainbirds – Clarissa Goenawan
- On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous – Ocean Vuong
- Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and his Year of Pilgrimage – Haruki Murakami
- Six Four – Hideo Tokoyama
- Cursed Bunny – Bora Chung
- Whisper – Chang Yu-Ko
- Japanese Ghost Stories – Lafcadio Hearn
- Kim Jiyoung, Born 1982 – Cho Nam-Joo
- Human Acts – Han Kang
At the end of 2022 I will post a wrap-up to accompany this post so that you guys can see how well I have done and if I have successfully completed this list.
Did you put together a similar list to me of books you want to read by the end of 2022?
(cover photo from Unsplash and text added by me).