The end of October and to be honest most of November has completely escaped me. I was planning on posting my October Wrap-Up at the beginning of November. However, at the very end of October I went down with the worst head cold that eventually turned into a fall blown cold and whilst I was dealing with this we had a death in the family. So things have been pretty full-on. But I finally feel myself again and ready to start posting once again. Spoiler Alert: there will also be announcement happening on here on the 2nd December so stay tuned for that. Now back to today post without further ado here is my October Wrap-Up.
– Books –
In October I read a total of 20 books.
- The Ghost Prison – Joseph Delaney
- Mary Barton – Elizabeth Gaskell
- Shadow Service, Vol.1 – Cavan Scott (Reread)
- Shadow Service, Vol.2 – Cavan Scott
- Spy Family, Vol.3 – Tatsuma Endo
- The Turn of the Screw – Henry James
- Dracula – Bram Stoker
- Treasure Island – Robert Louis Stevenson
- Frankenstein – Mary Shelley
- Dracula’s Guest – Bram Stoker
- The Cat Who Saved Books – Sosuke Natsukawa
- Horseman – Christina Henry
- Earthlings – Sayaka Murata
- The Mill on the Floss – George Eliot
- Agnes Grey – Anne Bronte (Reread)
- Hallowe’en Party – Agatha Christie
- Crocked House – Agatha Christie
- The Mystery of the Blue Train – Agatha Christie
- Peril at End House – Agatha Christie
- A Single Rose – Muriel Barbery (Reread)
– Favourites –
- One of my favourite readathon’s of the year happened this month: #Victober.
- Afternoon reading sessions with my mum.
- Buddy reads with Matt. We read a total of 3 books together this month: Mary Barton, The Mill on the Floss and Agnes Grey. Agnes Grey was a reread for me and its still one of my all time favourite classics and also favourite Bronte book.
- Adele’s new single release…was everything!!!
- My first ever zoom event – hosted by Golden Hare Bookshop – The event was with the lovely Muriel Barbery, author of A Single Rose. Thank you so much once again to David @GoldenHareBookshop for inviting me to the event.
– Blog –
Here are some notable posts from my blog this month:
- Monkey Man Review
- To the Warm Horizon Review
- A Single Rose Review
- Heroes of Hastovia #3: In Memory of… Review
- Mary Barton Review
- The Cat Who Saved Books Review
- Horseman Review
Here are some blog posts that I have enjoyed/loved this month:
- Matt’s Post: Victober TBR
- Elaine’s Post: The Pride and Prejudice Book Tag
- Amy’s Post: 20 Haunting Recommendations for Halloween
- Aliya’s Post: A Reader’s Guide to Self-Care
– Bookish Videos –
Here are some of the bookish videos that I enjoyed/loved this month:
- Gavin’s Video: The Final Believathon is Coming | Readathon Announcement 2021
- Joel’s Video: Semester Book Haul | What’s on my Masters Reading List?
- Meg’s Video: Booktuber Battle Ep 2
- Kayla’s Video: Reading my 5-star Predictions | Ep 5
- Emma’s Video: Trying to get Scared by Books – An Autumnal Reading Vlog
How was your month? Did you have any favourites of the month? If so, please do leave me a comment below.
(Photo is from Unsplash and text was added by me).