With a new Summer comes a new trend and this Summer the trend that I keep seeing all over the Internet and social media is the Hot Girl Summer. Well, we don’t know her! Instead, this Summer is going to be all about Reading Girl Summer. A whole Summer where I try and catch up on all them books that I have been meaning to get to for the last few months and also maybe catch up on some currently reading piles.
There are quite a few books I would like to get to this year and I’m really hoping to complete my Summer reading list or at least most of it. Here are a few, in no particular order…
- Heaven – Mieko Kawakami
- On Earth We Are Briefly Gorgeous – Ocean Vuong
- Rainbirds – Clarissa Goenawan
- Anne of Green Gables – L.M. Montgomery
- Persuasion – Jane Austen
- Sense and Sensibility – Jane Austen
- The Master of Measham Hall – Anna Abney
- War Girls -Tochi Onyebuchi
- The Empire’s Ruin – Brian Staveley
- The Crow Folk – Mark Stay
As you can see there is quite the mix of books within this list and there are also plenty of other books that I have on my ever-growing list that I would like to hopefully get to this Summer as well. But of course, the books on this list are the books I would like to tackle first.
Do you have any Summer reading plans? Are there any books at the top of your Summer reading priority list? If so, please let me know in the comments.
(Photo header from Unsplash)