At the beginning of the year I sat and noted down 21 books that I wanted to have read by the end of 2021. The books on this consisted of either books I’ve been meaning to get to for a while now, first books in new series, translated fiction, fantasy books, some new releases and the odd couple of books I didn’t quite get round to reading last year. I’m extremely excited for all these books (little spoiler into my end of year wrap-up I’ve already read 3 of the books off of this list and currently reading another 2 at the moment 😉).
Without further ado the 21 books I would like to have read by the end of 2021 are:
- The End of Magic – Mark Stay
- Once Upon a River – Diane Setterfield
- The Vegetarian – Han Kang
- The Good Son – You-Jeong Jeong
- Sweet Bean Paste – Durian Sukegawa
- Strange Weather in Tokyo – Hiromi Kawakami
- Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki – Haruki Murakami
- Before the Coffee gets Cold – Toshikazu Kawaguchi
- The Perfect World of Miwako Sumida – Clarissa Goenawan
- Tower – Bae Myung-Hoon
- The Betrayals – Bridget Collins
- Catch the Rabbit – Lana Bastašić
- Good Omens – Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman
- Little Eyes – Samanta Schweblin
- The Enlightenment of the Greengage Tree – Shokoofeh Azar
- Interior Chinatown – Charles Yu
- The Bells of Old Tokyo – Anna Sherman
- The Rage of Dragons – Evan Winter
- Jade City – Fonda Lee
- The Poppy War – R.F. Kuang
At the end of 2021 I will post my 21 Books of 2021 wrap-up so that you guys can see how well I have done and also if I have successfully completed this list.
Did any of you guys put together a similar list to me of books you wanted to have read by the end of 2021? If so, please let me know in the comments or link me to your lists too.
(Photo is from Unsplash and text was added by me).
Pingback: February 2021 Wrap-up | Where there's Ink there's Paper·
Love the selection… I needed some recommendations, so I will be saving this!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: 13 Books I would like to Read in 2022 | Where there's Ink there's Paper·