This tag was made by Hails Heart NYC on youtube. If you would like to view the original tag here’s the link: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CXZzPYxf30). When it comes to this tag Hailey took the titles of some popular Christmas songs and made a general book related question out of the songs.
1) “You’re a mean one Mr.Grinch” – Name a Villainous character you couldn’t help but love.
The Villainous character that I cannot help but love is Bellatrix Lestrange from the Harry Potter series. I feel Bellatrix is by far one of the best villains within the series. Not only is she totally insane she is just pure evil. (To sum up a true Slytherin). Her character brings so much to the series and her undying support for Lord Voldemort never creases to amaze me. However, I cannot get over her killing Sirius (Spoiler Alert, sorry). That was just one step to far for me!
2) “All I want for Christmas is you” – Which book do you most hope to see under your Christmas tree this year?
This question is an easy one for me – the book I most hope to see under the Christmas tree this year is Bright Star: Love letters and poems of John Keats to Fanny Brawne. (Oh also the Harry Potter colouring book 😉 – I received the illustrated HP as an early Christmas present otherwise that would have been my answer!)
3) “Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer” – Name a character that overcomes major obstacles and learns to believe in themselves.
I would have to say Nella from The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton. The reason for this is because Nella faces some of the hardest obstacles that no young woman should have too in there life. These obstacles teach her how to believe in herself.
4) “Santa Claus is coming to town” – a) Which character do you think is at the top of the naughty list and b) Which character do you think is at the top of the nice list?
A) Top of the naughty list would be – Stannis Baratheon and his advisor Melisande from the Game of Thrones – who conjured a shadow creature that killed my favourite character Renly Baratheon.
B) Top of the nice list would be – Legolas Greenleaf because no matter what, he is loyal to his friends, brave, trust worthy and an awesome elf prince. He also is my favourite character in LOTR 😉
5) “Frosty the Snowman” – Which book just melts your heart?
The book that melts my heart would have to be Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz. This book shows the beauty of friendship and that no matter what there will always be people in your life that loves you.
6) “Feliz Navidad” – Pick a book that takes place in a country other than your own.
The book which I’m going to pick is The Last Day of a Condemned Man by Victor Hugo. This novella is set in 19th century France. I would definitely recommend this book.
7) “It’s the most wonderful time of the year” – Which Christmas book do you use to spread the Christmas joy.
I actually have two Christmas books – the first one is The Nutcracker which is a perfect story to spread Christmas joy and also what little girl did not dream of being a sugar plum fairy. The second one is A Christmas Carol the reason for this is because the story tells the true meaning of Christmas.
8) “Sleigh Ride” – Which character would you choose to spend the holidays with?
I have a character/family that I would spend the holidays with and that is Ron Weasley and the Weasley family. What better family to spend Christmas with and hopefully there would be a knitted jumper with a giant L on it under the Weasley tree for me!
9) “Baby It’s cold outside” – Which book, that you didn’t like, would you sacrifice to a fire to warm yourself up in the cold?
This is probably the hardest question for a book lover to have to answer however not every book can be loved by a person. So the book I would choose to sacrifice would be Ariel by Sylvia Plath. I love poetry however no matter how hard I tried with this collection I just did not like it.
10) “Do you hear what I hear?” – Which book do you think everyone should read?
I would love it if more people read The Return of the Soldier by Rebecca West. This is such an incredible story and is so cleverly written.
So these are my choices for ‘The Christmas Song Book Tag’ and I tag anyone that would like to do this tag. Don’t forget to check out the original tag video.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! x
(Images from Google Images)